The alarming number of children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders in recent years has tragically increased; from 1 in 150 in 2000 to 1 in 68 by 2012, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Due to that increase, more and more parents have turned to alternative forms of treatments to counteract the underlying symptoms of autism. Traditional medicines have often failed at producing desired results for many patients with autism and their families.
However, studies have demonstrated hyperbaric oxygen therapy as an emerging treatment that both parents and physicians are utilizing to help ameliorate the effects of ASD. This non-invasive treatment is as simple as a one-hour daily session, where the parent and child enter a hyperbaric chamber and receive increased levels of oxygen.
HBOT has been shown to decrease inflammation and improve overall cognitive functions, which has already substantially helped ASD patients all around the world.
Enhance brain healing & repair
- Increases oxygen delivery to hypoxic tissue
- Reduces neuroinflammation
- Moderates mitochondria dysfunction
- Promotes neurogenises
- Stimulates stem cell proliferation & mobilization
- Reduces seizure frequency
- Actuates neuroplasticity
Improves physical function
- Promotes receptive/expressive language
- Improves movement & walking
- Stimulates better eye contact
- Improves gross/fine motor skills
Advance mental function
- Improves sensory/cognitive awareness
- Increases attention span & alertness
Improve behavioral function
- Improves sleep pattern
- Advances social skills & interaction
- Reduces aggression