Cerebral palsy (CP) affects 1 in 303 children in the U.S. (8,000 new cases every year) making it the most devastating motor disability in childhood.
This tragic disorder affects movement, posture and other motor skills and may result in the need for life-long care.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been shown to help ameliorate the effects of CP.
Many forms of CP result from lack of oxygen to the brain at birth. The affected brain tissue, or penumbra, can be recovered or improved by introducing increased levels of oxygen.
HBOT has been shown to be a promising treatment with multiple studies reporting improvements with its application.
Enhance neurological repair & regeneration
- Attenuates the effects of hypoxia on the neonatal brain
- Promotes neurogenesis
- Moderates mitchondrial disorders
- Enhances stem cell mobilization and proliferation
- Increases penumbra tissue recovery
- Escalates neuroplasticity
Improve overall function
- Advances cognitive function
- Improves gross/fine motor skills
- Enhances speech & language
- Alleviates spasticity
- Lessens frequency of seizures
- Stimulates better eye contact
- Improves balance & walking