In 2013, over 1.6 million people were diagnosed with cancer and over 500,000 cancer-related deaths occurred in the United States alone.
Cancer is one of the leading causes of death, worldwide, and new integrated treatments are being utilized to help combat its devastating effects.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is currently being utilized in conjunction with conventional treatments, including radiation and chemotherapy, to attain optimal dosages for patients, stimulate tumor regression and reduce the side effects of treatments.
Cancer thrives in hypoxic (oxygen-deprived) environments and HBOT has been shown to increase oxygen levels to weaken tumors and reduce their aggressiveness.
Enhance "conventional" cancer therapies
- Reduces tumor hypoxia
- Better radiation therapy results
- Improves chemotherapy outcome
- Enhances brain treatment
- Decreases tumor drug resistance
- Allows for optimal therapy dosage to be attained
- Increases post-op fibroblast activation
Reduce side effects of "conventional" cancer therapies
- Reduces radiation therapy side effects
- Decreases chemotherapy side effects
- Accelerates post-operative healing & prevents infection
- Reduces chemo-brain syndrome symptomps
Reduce tumor aggressiveness
- Weakens hypoxic tumors
- Targets metastatic tumors
- Decreases inflammatory markers
- Normalizes intracellular oxygen levels
- Stimulates cellular detoxification
- Reduces risk of pathogenic inflammatory-related tumors
- Supports cellular energy processes for optimal DNA repair