Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is a major cause of disability and death worldwide.
According to the CDC, 138 people are affected by TBI every day and these injuries contribute to approximately 30% of all injury deaths in the U.S.
In 2010, about 2.5 million TBI related hospitalizations were recorded in the U.S. alone. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been demonstrated to enhance the recovery from TBI and augment brain activity by reducing hypoxia and neuroinflammation, while increasing circulation in the brain.
Furthermore, HBOT has been reported to synergistically enhance the effects of other therapies, including standard intensive rehabilitation, for TBI patients to help accelerate recovery.
Enhance neurological repair & Regeneration
- Attenuates the effects of hypoxia and inflammation in the brain
- Promotes neurogenesis
- Moderates mitochondrial disorders
- Enhances stem cell mobilization and proliferation
- Increases penumbra tissue recovery
- Stimulates neuroplasticity
- Induces remyelination
- Augments concussion recovery
Improve overall function
- Advances cognitive function
- Improves gross/fine motor skills
- Enhances speech & language
- Alleviates spasticity
- Lessens frequency of seizures
- Stimulates better eye contact
- Improves balance & walking