Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death in the U.S. and has been remained a leading cause of adult disability with 800,000 cases reported every single year.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been shown to help prevent and treat stroke through a number of different mechanisms. HBOT can be used to precondition the brain by stimulating angiogenesis, thus producing more circulatory pathways throughout the brain and potentially decreasing the chance of stroke.
Furthermore, HBOT has been shown to benefit post-stroke patients, as compromised blood flow to the affected brain tissue (penumbra) and its functionality are recoverable by introducing increased levels of oxygen.
- Stimulates angiogenesis
- Ameliorates atherosclerosis
- Decreases oxidative stress in the brain
- Preconditions the brain to enable neuroprotective properties
- Faster overall recovery
- Improves vision and speech
- Reduces paralysis
- Accelerates gross/fine motor skills
- Increases penumbra tissue recovery
- Stimulates angiogenesis for faster reclamation
- Promotes neurogenesis
- Enhances stem cell proliferation & mobilization
- Escalates neuroplasticity
- Alleviates spasticity