Injuries caused by sports-related activities remain a substantial concern with players, coaches and parents alike.
As inflammation and pain play primary roles with respect to recovery, hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been shown to significantly reduce inflammation and ameliorate pain.
Additionally, HBOT can promote fibroblast/collagen activity to accelerate and enhance healing from surgeries and wounds.
New evidence supports HBOT as an adjunct and practical treatment to help moderate the effects of traumatic brain injuries and enhance brain imaging results.
HBOT is often utilized by physicians and patients to help reach a full recovery from high-impact insults to the body and is currently used by some of the U.S. Olympic Teams to treat sports-related injuries as a part of their official medical techniques and equipment.
Accelerate recovery from sports-related injuries
- Increases collagen production
- Reduces inflammation & pain
- Faster & better recovery from sprains, tears & bone fractures
- Stimulates angiogenesis
- Enhances recovery from medial collateral ligament (MCL) & anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries
- Decreases susceptibility towards reinjuring target areas
- Rapid recovery from concussions & head injuries
- Improves SPECT imaging results
Faster recovery from surgeries
- Increases fibroblast activation
- Reduces inflammation for optimal pre-op conditions
- Reduces risk of infection
- Stimulates stem cell proliferation
- Decreases hospital time
- Improves concentration
- Increases serotonin levels
- Accelerates jet lag recovery
- Decreases lactic acid